
Thursday we woke up to the joy of yet another French national train strike. That’s great news when you’ve already bought two tickets for the day. It was a bummer because we had tickets to go to Cannes (as it is the film festival right now!) for the afternoon, before coming back up to Paris. I have no idea what it would have been like in Cannes/how close you can get to the event/etc … but I’m sure it would have been a cool experience. But our train from Cannes to Paris was cancelled so we stayed in Toulon for the afternoon to take a different train. Not as if I was totally crushed … I mean, Toulon is another beach town on the Mediterranean coast and I wrote this post while sitting on the beach … so no complaints from this beach bum! If two of my besties from Minneapolis weren’t getting to Paris the next day, I would have had a hard time leaving the South. Regardless of what town you’re in, the dark blue sparkling water with back-drops of other coast towns & mountains … is amazing. It is a completely different charm from the rest of France, and I love it. The people, landscape, food, markets, etc are completely different from where I’ve been living the past 7 months. I’ll be back, Provence, don’t you worry! So the beachside afternoon in Toulon turned into five hours in the sun … after a winter in Bretagne, this kicked my butt! I got somewhat friend – face, arms, back, etc … but the sunburn has since died down and it’s good to have some color, haha!
3 comments:
Gomen kudasai.
OMG that last pic on the left. WOW. So many things to love in one picture! And for God's sake, Molly, you always get fried...put on some sunblock!!
glad the little boot got to enjoy the beach as well! :)
Post a Comment