Thursday, May 15, 2008

Best Breton Bar Ever!

After 7 months I think I've finally found one of the best, authentic Breton bars in Rennes! Well as far as authenticity goes, I'm obviously no expert, but I loved the atmosphere in this place. On Monday night Andrea and I went downtown to see a small group play live Irish music. We know someone who plays in the group, and they usually give small, informal, free performances on Sunday nights at the local Irish pub. But this time it was at a different bar, and it was great. We, of course, scoped out the accessibility of the place since I was still on crutches, and it passed my test. Well, I've given up on the possibility of actually being able to use the bathrooms in bars (lots of them happen to be at the bottom of intimidatingly tight/twisty stairs ... not kosher with my crutch/funky shoe combo) but other than that, I've been able to get around pretty well. We had a couple of pints of Coreff Breton beer and enjoyed the live music for a few hours. And the weather here has been gorgeous lately - upper 60s/low 70s and light out until almost 10pm, so that made for a very enjoyable evening. Bien sure, quelques photos :


Check out the dried sausage hanging from
wall for sale, far right :
















Per keeping with the Breton/Celtic lore, a
wizard's cape hangs above the bar :

Hobbling home after a good night:



















1 comment:

TKTC said...

You are the cutest with your little crutch kick! And that bar looks awesome- I'm so happy you're up and around again!