Tuesday, November 27, 2007

La Fete


So we finally decided to have a party at our place, and it ended up being awesome! First of all, we kindof know that we’re not allowed to have guests or alcohol in our hallway, but technically no one ever told us the official rules of the place … so we figured we would just give it a whirl! Due to the fact that we only have one small common area (the kitchen), we thought we would keep it small. Well, that doesn’t work because everyone brings friends of friends, etc. There were several of the other English assistants, some friends of the Chilean assistants, a group of Spanish exchange students that we’ve just met, and then just random friends. The Spanish kids all showed up with homemade bottles of their specialty drink, which is a 50/50 mix of red wine & Coke; think I found a new fave drink!
There ended up being around 40 people here at some point, all crammed into our kitchen & shower room. It sounds like an awkward space for a party, which it was, but it was really fun! Then around 2am the “surveillant” showed up, very angry, and told us that we couldn’t have alcohol here. He even found the stash of boxes/bottles that we had tried to hide in the shower, woops :) He got on his phone to call the principal, yes that’s right!, and everyone emptied out. The principal didn’t show up, but another person from school administration did. We all ran into one room, but she obviously found us, and we explained to her that it was just a small gathering of assistants from other schools in the area. She was actually somewhat nice about it, but we will see if anything happens this week … it feels like freshman year all over again!! The only sour part to the evening is that my camera is missing … have no idea what happened to it, and maybe it could still turn up, but I’m pretty sure that will be #1 on my Christmas list this year.

1 comment:

TKTC said...

Man alive, I wish I had been there for your partay. I would have really laid into that security guard.

In English, of course- he would just start giggling if I yelled at him in "JJ French."