Tuesday, November 27, 2007
I Joined a French Gym ...
… and it’s called Flex Time. I got a good deal for a 6 month membership, and it’s only a 15 minute walk from where I live. It’s pretty simple, just a large room with cardo & weight machines all around the perimeter. In the middle is a big open floor where they have the aerobic classes. It’s pretty funny to hear the aerobic instructions/motivations in French, so I prefer to run on the treadmill while classes are going on. As a gym, it is pretty simple but has what I need. However, I do have one small complaint, and that is the smell!! I realize that it’s a gym and that people sweat a lot, but even in gyms in the US it is unheard of to smell that bad while working out! I have never really criticized French people for their stereotype of smelling bad … until now. I seriously plan my workout times around the low-peak hours, so that the body-odor factor will be less evident.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
eww!! but happy for you that you found a gym!
Post a Comment