And to get in the mood for Ireland, we checked out the local Irish pub in Rennes last night for some live music and dancing. It was great, and it's only going to get better in Ireland :)
Monday, April 14, 2008
A plus tard, mes amis!
Les vacances de printemps sont arrivees! Wooyeah for spring break in France! I'm leaving the bikini, sunscreen, tequila, and trashy tank-tops at home ... and heading to Ireland for the beginning of break. My roommate Andrea and I are flying from Paris to Dublin on Wednesday, then from Dublin to Rome on Saturday, where we'll spend a few days in southern Italy before coming back to finish up the last 3 days of teaching. We haven't really nailed down any plans yet, but we'll probably spend two nights in Dublin and then maybe go west to Galway for a day trip. Then in Italy we'll of course check out the sights in Rome, and I hope to get to Naples and potentially the Amalfi coast ... this is very optimistic, so we'll see where we actually get to. But I've got quite the hankering to eat a fresh pizza (or two or three) in Naples. All of you other girls out there who've read Eat, Pray, Love ... you know what I'm talking about. Liz Gilbert's description of her divine pizza experience in Naples is insane ... I'll let you know if it really is that good. Roman Coliseum? check. Vatican? check. Pizza in Naples? check. Haha how out of whack are my priorities?!?
A la prochaine, mes amours!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
have a pizza margherita for me!!
Post a Comment