Sunday, February 10, 2008

Relaxing Saturday Afternoon at the Market

So after living in Rennes for 4 months, I finally made it to the Saturday morning/afternoon market downtown. Full of fruits, vegetables, seafood, meat, baked goods, flowers, spices, etc (with outside stands and two permanent buildings), it is supposedly the 3rd or 4th largest market in France. I've been wanting to go for a while, but I just haven't found the motivation to get home early enough on most Friday nights to wake up at a reasonable hour on Saturdays ... sad but true. I went with two roommates and we leisurely walked through the market for a while, ate fresh saucisse & fromage galettes, and then enjoyed drinks/crepes at an outside creperie. The temperature and sunshine were amazing for a February day! Enjoy the pictorial overview of our day ...
My market buddies :)















Ah, the freshness! Onions & garlic galore

It wouldn't be Bretagne without some seafood ...















Eww, I don't think I'll ever get used to this ... tripe, intestine, etc

Olives, Olives, Olives!

Cute little "Thank you:" & "I love you" apples

Now, I'd love to tell you that I bought some of this fresh produce, went home, and conjured up a delightful French meal. Mais non ... still haven't gotten around to legitimate French cooking yet!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures of the market and weather looks as nice as it was in Charleston, SC!