Monday, December 3, 2007

Dinard for Christmas!

My parents and Alec will be flying into Paris on December 26th, driving to Rennes to pick me up, and then heading out to our rental place. We spent a few weeks looking online at different houses/apartments in several coastal areas and finally decided on one in Dinard, a town on the central, northern coast of Brittany. I’ve never been to Dinard, but the guidebooks describe it as “a turn-of-the-century resort with striped bathing tents, seaside carnival rides, and pinnacled belle époque mansions perched about the water.” Well, keep in mind that it will be January while we’re there, so the summer/seaside atmosphere will be lacking a bit … but I am excited about it! We ended up finding a 3-bedroom apartment on the VRBO website. I don’t think we will even be in the apartment too much, since our plan is to take day trips to check out lots of other small Brittany towns along the coasts. I’ll try to put in a link to our place.

1 comment:

Good Sport Patti said...

I just checked out Dinard on the map and they have a hospital and a Sportsman's Park, so everyone should be set. I just got an email from my New Years travelling companion, Anne, and we WILL be attending the Rose Bowl game between Illinois and So. Cal on NYDay. We had already planned to be in Pasadena for the parade and when Illinois made the Bowl, she rushed to get tickets. Should be lots of fun for the four of us gals! You'll be having fun, too, I'm sure.